Recipe by I'mPat
from Taste of Home's Light and Tasty 203 recipe cookbook received from BusyMomof3 in the 2011 Cookbook Swap. They note that they used a 850 watt microwave and the diabetic exchanges are 2 vegetables and 1 1/2 fat.
Top Review by mianbao
I changed the salad around quite a lot, but followed the recipe for the dressing, so the rating is for the dressing. I used the dressing on a salad of briefly cooked green asparagus, avocado, thinly sliced cucumber and cooked sweet potato chunks. I spooned the dressing on top of the vegetables, rather than mixing it in. I was very happy with the flavor, and will make this dressing again. Thank you very much for posting this recipe.
- 1 lb asparagus (fresh trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces)
- 8 mushrooms (medium sliced)
- 1 avocado (large tipe peeled and cubed)
- 1 zucchini (medium diced)
- 1 tomatoes (large seeded and chopped)
- 1 red onion (medium sliced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil (dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place asparagus and 2 tablespoons water in a microwave safe dish and cover and microwave on high for 3-6 minutes or until crisp-tender stirring once, drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, mushrooms, avocado, zucchini, tomato and onion and toss gently.
- In a jar with a tight fiting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; and shake well and then pour over salad and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.