1/1 Photo of Asparagus Avocado Medley
from Taste of Home's Light and Tasty 203 recipe cookbook received from BusyMomof3 in the 2011 Cookbook Swap. They note that they used a 850 watt microwave and the diabetic exchanges are 2 vegetables and 1 1/2 fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb asparagus (fresh trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces)
- 8 mushrooms (medium sliced)
- 1 avocado (large tipe peeled and cubed)
- 1 zucchini (medium diced)
- 1 tomato (large seeded and chopped)
- 1 red onion (medium sliced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Place asparagus and 2 tablespoons water in a microwave safe dish and cover and microwave on high for 3-6 minutes or until crisp-tender stirring once, drain and cool.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, mushrooms, avocado, zucchini, tomato and onion and toss gently.
- 3In a jar with a tight fiting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; and shake well and then pour over salad and toss gently to coat.
- 4Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Avocado Medley
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 107.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g