Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great spring and fall salad. Great with grilled shrimp and lemon noodles.
- 2 lbs small asparagus spears
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 large oranges
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Snap the ends of the asparagus off and cut the spears into 1 inch pieces.
- Stean until JUST tender, no more than 4 or 5 minutes.
- Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking.
- Peel the oranges, remove the membrane on segments and cut into chunks.
- Peel and chop the avocados.
- Toss the three together with the lemon juice.
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together.
- Pour over the salad and lightly pepper and salt-toss and serve.
Seemed like a lot of dressing but we poured the whole thing on and it was too much so I cut up some leftover turkey breast to marinate in the salad and it was enjoyed by all
good, easy recipe. used a steamer for asparagus and they came out overcooked. had a hard time cutting oranges in to segments so i just cut in to chuncks -- membrane and all. didn't seem to affect the taste at all. served with a spinach lasagna and citrus was a good compliment. thanks for sharing.
This was a nice, light salad. I was looking for something with low or no cholesterol and this fit the bill. It was even better the next day. Thanks for the recipe!