Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is really quite good...it comes from Cooking Light.
- 59.14 ml crumbled blue cheese
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 29.58 ml white vinegar
- 14.79 ml water
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 473.18 ml diagonally cut asparagus (2-inch)
- 946.36 ml butter lettuce, torn (I use field greens)
- 473.18 ml gala apples, thinly sliced
- Combine first 9 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain. Combine the asparagus, lettuce, and apple in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss gently to coat.
Just wanted to comment that I tried this dressing and it really was pretty good. I love blue cheese dressing, but I wanted a vinaigrette tonight because I was already serving something heavy. My only substitution was swapping the white vinegar for sherry vinegar since I really don't care that much for white vinegar. I just had this with some green leaf lettuce, but I will eventually try this as a light dish one night with the asparagus, butter lettuce, and gala apples because it sounds really delicious.