Recipe by Teri
This is really quite good...it comes from Cooking Light.
Top Review by Pinot Grigio
Just wanted to comment that I tried this dressing and it really was pretty good. I love blue cheese dressing, but I wanted a vinaigrette tonight because I was already serving something heavy. My only substitution was swapping the white vinegar for sherry vinegar since I really don't care that much for white vinegar. I just had this with some green leaf lettuce, but I will eventually try this as a light dish one night with the asparagus, butter lettuce, and gala apples because it sounds really delicious.
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups diagonally cut asparagus (2-inch)
- 4 cups butter lettuce, torn (I use field greens)
- 2 cups gala apples, thinly sliced