Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I always get rave reviews when serving these. So easy to make and the flavors are wonderful.
Make and share this Asparagus Appetizer Roll Ups recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and blanch the asparagus. Drop into an ice bath to stop cooking.
- Roll out pie crust to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Slice the prosciutto into long thin strips.
- Starting at the top of the spear, wrap a strip of prosciutto around the asparagus, spiraling it down to the base. Do the same with the pie crust strips, overlaying the prosciutto.
- Lay each spear on a cookie sheet. When each one is wrapped, brush lightly with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350° for about 8 minutes, or until crust is golden.
- Serve warm.
Delicious! I prepared as directed, except for the sesame seeds,could not find them. I know they would have added another layer of flavor and crispness. The wrapping was a little tedious for me, probably because I am not good at it LOL! I don't know if I would have the patience to do enough for an appetizer for a large dinner party, but if you have patience, these are well worth the time. I love the flavor that the crust and prosciutto add to the asparagus. It did take mine longer than 8 minutes to brown, but that may be my oven. I will have to get more asparagus soon to use with the remaining prosciutto and pie crust. Thanks for a delicious keeper Chef#284771!