1/3 Photos of Asparagus and Wild Rice Soup
Quick, delicious homemade soup. Discovered this recipe in the Good Start magazine, when I was pregnant. Excellent source of calcium, nutrients and energy. We just love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup long grain and wild rice blend, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb asparagus, cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch slices (or bunch)
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can 2% evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- 1Prepare rice according to package directions, set aside.
- 2Heat oil in large saucepan on medium-high.
- 3Add onion, garlic and asparagus, cook 3-5 minutes and stir occassionly.
- 4Add rice, broth, salt and pepper; bring to boil.
- 5Mix evaporated milk with constarch in small bowl until smooth.
- 6Add to saucepan.
- 7Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- 8Stir in parsley.
- 9For vegetarians use the vegetable stock.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus and Wild Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.1
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 527.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend
2% evaporated milk