Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Simple. So delicious.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) packagecut frozen asparagus
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, and saute for a few minutes to release the flavor into the oil.
- Add the water chestnuts, asparagus, and vinegar then cook and stir for about 10 minutes, until the asparagus is cooked but still crunchy.
What a fantastic combination! Very easy to make, too! I used only 1 tsp of olive oil and I did use the optional butter. The red onions really add great flavor. I added some black pepper. This will be made again for sure. Thanx for sahring this quick, healthy, recipe!