Recipe by Fluffy
Asparagus and tomatoes are cooked with onion and bacon and a tangy sauce mixture.
Top Review by PaulaG
Excellent! I used canadian bacon, finely diced; olive oil instead of the bacon grease and balsamic vinegar. Just because I love garlic, I also put in a clove of finely minced garlic and grape tomatoes, halved. Thanks for a wonderful veggie dish.
- 3 slices bacon, fried, drained and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 2 medium tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in bacon drippings until tender.
- Add bacon vinegar water sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add asparagus. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Cut tomatoes into eight wedges. Add to skillet and cook, covered for 3 to 5 minutes.