1/1 Photo of Asparagus and Toasted Garlic
This is by far my favorite asaparagus recipe. It's a great holiday side dish, or perfect for any meal because it's so quick and easy. My best advice is to pick thin asparagus stalks, as the thicker ones are often bitter and don't cook as well. Take care not to burn the garlic -the idea is to lightly toast it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash asparagus, cut and remove bottoms of stalks.
- 2Chop garlic into large pieces (I usually slice mine into pieces that resemble slivered almonds).
- 3Place butter in large skillet and drizzle oil over the butter.
- 4Heat butter and oil on medium-high heat---be careful not to let the butter burn.
- 5Once the butter is melted, add asparagus and toss to coat.
- 6Sautee for 2 minutes and then add garlic.
- 7Reduce heat to medium and tossing occasionally, sautee the mixture until the garlic is light brown in color.
- 8Remove from heat and add salt and pepper as desired.
- 9Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus and Toasted Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.0
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 78.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g