1/1 Photo of Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata
posting for safe-keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (yellow will work fine if you like that better)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 stalks asparagus, rough ends discarded, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, torn into pieces
- 1preheat oven to 400°F
- 2in a mixing bowl, crumble the tofu and squeeze through your fingers until it resembles ricotta cheese. this should take abut a minute.
- 3mix in the soy sauce and mustard.
- 4add the nutritional yeast and combine well. set aside.
- 5in a small (8-inch) skillet, saute the onions in the olive oil for 2 minutes.
- 6add the asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes, saute for 3 more minutes.
- 7add the garlic and thyme and turmeric, saute for 1 minute.
- 8add the lemon juice to deglaze the pan; turn off the heat.
- 9transfer the onion mixture to the tofu mixture and combine well.
- 10fold in the basil leaves.
- 11transfer back to the skillet and press the mixture firmly in place.
- 12cook in the oven at 4ooF for 20 minute.
- 13transfer to the broiler to brown the top, about two minutes (keep a close on it so it doesn't burn).
- 14let the frittata sit for 10 minute before serving.
- 15cut into 4 slices and lift each piece with a pie server to prevent it from falling apart. if it does crumble a bit, it's ok, just put it back into shape.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.0
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 311.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 16.5 g