In 'Spring Gatherings' by Rick Rodgers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 lbs asparagus, woody stems removed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, well rinsed, stemmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 4 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mascarpone, at room temperature
- 1Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add the asparagus, spinach, and rice and stir well.
- 4Add the broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 5Decrease the heat to med-low and cover.
- 6Simmer until the asparagus and rice are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- 7Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- 8In batches, puree in a blender, making sure that the lid is ajar.
- 9Transfer to a soup tureen and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Ladle into bowls and top each serving with a dollop of mascarpone; serve hot.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus and Spinach Soup With Mascarpone
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.9
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 77.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: