Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was a recipe I adapted and served for Valentine's Day this year. It is quick and elegant.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 large yellow bell peppers or 1 large orange bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, loose packed,washed and torn
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (Use a good quality cheese.)
- In a medium wok, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot add the asparagus and bell pepper.
- Quickly stir-fir until crisp tender, about 5 minutes; stirring frequently.
- Turn off heat, sprinkle with salt and pepper, stir to mix.
- Immediately add the balsamic vinegar and mix thoroughly.
- Serve on a bed of baby spinach, pour any vinegar that has found its way to the bottom of the wok over salad and top with grated cheese.
Paula, this is delicious! Fast, easy & beautiful, too. I'm adding it to my summer menu. :) Made for the 2/08 Aussie Recipe Swap. Thank you!
This is sooo good. Asparagus is on sale here right now at $1.77 a pound. I made this for lunch and it is delicious. Thanks for posting Paula. ML
This was a nice, light salad. I enjoyed the balsamic vinegar taste. I served this with a tuna casserole and some rolls. Thanks Paula!