I used to eat a salad similar to this at a place called Massimo's. I was disappointed they went out of business, so I came up with what best approximated theirs and I've been a happy camper since. This is probably better in the warmer months, as it's served room temperature. Serve with your favorite Italian bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package farfalle pasta (butterfly)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 6 -8 cups water
- 1 bunch slender asparagus, washed and cooked al dente
Lemon pistachio vinaigrette
- 1Cook the farfalle in 1/2 tbs salted water, according to the package directions for time.
- 2Prepare the vinaigrette.
- 3When the pasta is done, run it under cold water and pat dry with paper towels, then toss it with the vinaigrette.
- 4Cut the stems from the asparagus and boil or steam the asparagus for a minute or two, depending on thickness.
- 5Cut the salmon into strips and put them in the bowl with the pasta.
- 6Run the cooked asparagus under cold water until cool and cut into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces and add to the pasta, tossing the salad again.
- 7Top with chopped parsley and refrigerate for several hours.
- 8Remove and let it come to room temperature and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus and Smoked Salmon Pasta in Lemon Pistachio Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (630 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.5
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 1019.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lemon juice