Recipe by CookinCowgirl
I used to eat a salad similar to this at a place called Massimo's. I was disappointed they went out of business, so I came up with what best approximated theirs and I've been a happy camper since. This is probably better in the warmer months, as it's served room temperature. Serve with your favorite Italian bread.
Top Review by the_cookie_lady
I'm really not sure why I haven't rated this yet because it is ABSOLUTELY wonderful!!!! The lemon vinaigrette with the pistachios is a wonderful pairing and the smoked salmon really brings a wonderful smoky salty flavor to the pasta. So delicious and so easy to make! Tastes fantastic the next day, too. Cold or warm...I like it both ways! Thanks CookinCowgirl!
- 1 (12 ounce) package farfalle pasta (butterfly)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 6 -8 cups water
- 1 bunch slender asparagus, washed and cooked al dente
Lemon pistachio vinaigrette
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup pistachio nut, unshelled
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, cut into strips
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the farfalle in 1/2 tbs salted water, according to the package directions for time.
- Prepare the vinaigrette.
- When the pasta is done, run it under cold water and pat dry with paper towels, then toss it with the vinaigrette.
- Cut the stems from the asparagus and boil or steam the asparagus for a minute or two, depending on thickness.
- Cut the salmon into strips and put them in the bowl with the pasta.
- Run the cooked asparagus under cold water until cool and cut into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces and add to the pasta, tossing the salad again.
- Top with chopped parsley and refrigerate for several hours.
- Remove and let it come to room temperature and serve.