Recipe by FrenchBunny
I saw this recipe on Gordon Ramsey's show and searched on his site for the recipe because it looked so delicious. Putting here for safekeeping.
- 400 g pumpkin (fresh)
- olive oil
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 350 g arborio rice
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (leaves only)
- 1 1⁄2 liters chicken stock (hot, approx amount)
- 1 garlic clove (large and sliced)
- 6 -8 asparagus spears (large)
- 8 asparagus spears (baby)
- 100 g sheep's cheese (grated)
- truffle oil (to drizzle)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop the pumpkin into small cubes. Place on a cookie sheet and drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven of 375. Bake until soft (about 15-20 minutes) Remove from oven and keep warm.
- Remove woody ends from the larger asparagus and chop into 1 inch pieces. Leave the smaller ones whole. Steam asparagus until tender (about 5 minutes for large and 3 minutes for baby) Plunge into ice cold water when cooked.
- Lightly fry the onion and garlic in hot oil until softened. Then add the rosemary and cook for another minute.
- Add rice and stir for about 2 minutes until rice begins to turn translucent. Add ladleful of hot stock and stir until absorbed and conitnue adding ladleful of broth at a time. Rice will become creamy and tender.
- When the risotto is almost done mix in the grated cheese, pumpkin and chopped asparagus. Continue to heat through for about a minute or two.
- Divide into four bowls or plates and criss cross 2 baby asparagus over each dish. Drizzle with a little truffle oil and finish with fresh ground pepper and enjoy.