I saw this recipe on Gordon Ramsey's show and searched on his site for the recipe because it looked so delicious. Putting here for safekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g pumpkin (fresh)
- olive oil
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 350 g arborio rice
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (leaves only)
- 1 1/2 liters chicken stock (hot, approx amount)
- 1 garlic clove (large and sliced)
- 6 -8 asparagus spears (large)
- 8 asparagus spears (baby)
- 100 g sheep's cheese (grated)
- truffle oil (to drizzle)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- 1Peel and chop the pumpkin into small cubes. Place on a cookie sheet and drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven of 375. Bake until soft (about 15-20 minutes) Remove from oven and keep warm.
- 2Remove woody ends from the larger asparagus and chop into 1 inch pieces. Leave the smaller ones whole. Steam asparagus until tender (about 5 minutes for large and 3 minutes for baby) Plunge into ice cold water when cooked.
- 3Lightly fry the onion and garlic in hot oil until softened. Then add the rosemary and cook for another minute.
- 4Add rice and stir for about 2 minutes until rice begins to turn translucent. Add ladleful of hot stock and stir until absorbed and conitnue adding ladleful of broth at a time. Rice will become creamy and tender.
- 5When the risotto is almost done mix in the grated cheese, pumpkin and chopped asparagus. Continue to heat through for about a minute or two.
- 6Divide into four bowls or plates and criss cross 2 baby asparagus over each dish. Drizzle with a little truffle oil and finish with fresh ground pepper and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus and Pumpkin Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (673 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.7
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.4 mg
- Sodium 796.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 22.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: