Recipe by lazyme
These simple little appetizers always get rave reviews. They can be made a day ahead which is something I always love when I'm preparing food for guests. From Bon Appetit.
- 48 asparagus spears, thin
- 2 1⁄2 ounces goat cheese, Montrachet, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into 24 4x-1 strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut stalks from asparagus, leaving 2-inch-long tips.
- Reserve asparagus stalks for another use, if desired.
- Cook asparagus tips in large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 1 minute.
- Transfer asparagus to paper towels and drain well.
- Mix goat cheese, basil, pine nuts, water and orange peel in small bowl to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread scant 1 teaspoon filling over each prosciutto strip.
- Arrange 2 asparagus tips atop filling at 1 short end of prosciutto.
- Roll up prosciutto, enclosing base of asparagus.
- Press to seal.
- Place on platter.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.).