Recipe by Kermit in Huntsville
This is wonderful with seafood. Make mushroom mixture and asparagus mixture ahead and place separately in frig until serving time. Cook pasta at serving time and mix together with goat cheese, parsley, and pine nuts if using .
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups portabella mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock (or vegetable)
- 3⁄4 lb farfalle pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus (cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese (crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts (toasted) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in pan and cook garlic and mushrooms over medium low heat until mushrooms are tender 5-10 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil and set aside.
- Steam asparagus till barely tender and set aside.
- At serving time cook pasta.
- Combine pasta, mushroom mixture, asparagus, goat cheese, parsley and pine nuts if using and serve.