Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 sheet fresh pasta or 4 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed, and coated with
- olive oil
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor and blend (If too thick, add water or more olive oil).
- Season with salt and set aside.
- Sauté asparagus in olive oil over high heat for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute, and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease a small loaf pan (about 4" x 8") with butter.
- Combine mascarpone and pesto.
- Cut pasta to fit dish and place enough noodles in pan to cover bottom; top with 1/3 cup fontina cheese, 1/3 of the asparagus, and 1/3 of the pesto mixture; then sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Repeat layering two more times with remaining ingredients.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes.
- Discard foil and continue baking 10 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.