1/1 Photo of Asparagus and Parmesan Cream Pastry
This recipe was a side dish winner in the Real Women of Philadelphia 2010. After trying it, I know why. It is delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; remove pastry dough from freezer and let thaw for 10 minutes.
- 2While dough is thawing, wash and trim asparagus so it is 1 1/2 inches shorter than width of pastry sheet.
- 3In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, grated Parmesan, chopped basil leaves and lemon juice; set aside.
- 4Unfold dough onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray; cut into 4 equal rectangles.
- 5Separate slightly; spread cream cheese mixture onto each of the pastry rectangles, alternating directions, not quite to each edge.
- 6Press four asparagus spears onto each rectangle, alternating direction.
- 7Sprinkle pastries with sea salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- 8Bake for 18-22 minutes until pastries are golden brown.
- 9Remove from oven, cut each pastry in half and transfer to serving platter.
- 10Garnish with a sprinkle of shave parmesan cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus and Parmesan Cream Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.2
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 363.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g