This is such a fresh Spring or Summer salad! I parboil the asparagus slightly first though and sometimes use butterleaf lettuce instead of the watercress. This is from Gourmet magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g medium to thick asparagus, trimmed
- 226.79 g mushroom, stems trimmed even with caps
- 4 medium radishes, halved lengthwise and sliced thin crosswise
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bunch watercress, coarse stems discarded
- 113.39 g piece parmesan cheese, room temperature
- 1With a sharp knife, cut asparagus diagonally into very thin slices and transfer to a large bowl. Halve large mushrooms. Slice mushrooms very thin and add with radishes to asparagus. Toss salad gently.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard and salt. Add oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk until emulsified. Drizzle dressing over asparagus salad and toss gently. Grind pepper over salad.
- 3Spread watercress on a platter and top with asparagus salad. With a vegetable peeler, shave 1/2 to 3/4 of Parmesan into curls over salad, reserving remaining Parmesan for another use.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus and Mushroom Salad With Shaved Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.6
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 517.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 10.4 g