1/1 Photo of Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto
Fabulous with fresh asparagus in the spring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup oil (canola and vegetable Mazola oil blend)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 6 cups chicken broth
- fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3 cm pieces
- 250 g small portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 3 to 4 minutes until softened.
- 2Increase heat to high, add white wine and cook until almost dry; about 3 to 4 minutes. Add rice and stir until completely coated with oil and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Add 1 cup of chicken broth, stirring constantly until most of the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
- 4Gradually stir in remaining broth 1 cup at a time; cooking and stirring until liquid is absorbed before adding the next cup.
- 5Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add asparagus and sauté for 1 minute then stir in mushrooms. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until mushrooms just begin to sweat.
- 6Remove from heat and set aside until risotto is nearly finished cooking.
- 7Risotto is ready after the last cup of broth has been stirred in and rice has thickened.
- 8Remove from heat and stir in asparagus, mushrooms and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper; top with additional shaved parmesan, if desired, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.2
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 944.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 15.3 g