Recipe by AdeleProvence
I found this in with my grandmother's recipes when we were cleaning out her house. The spices add a nice bit to the quiche.
- 1 lb asparagus, bottoms trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, coarsely diced
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 4 ounces gruyere or 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil on high.
- Add asparagus, mushrooms and onion. Cook on high for 4 minutes (or until asparagus is tender-crisp). Drain in colander.
- Press pie crust into 10-inch tart pan, pie pan, or cake pan (I prefer the latter).
- Scatter asparagus, mushrooms, and onion in the crust and top vegetables with shredded cheese.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake at 425F for 30 minutes, or firm. Cool briefly.