Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
I love all these vegetables. leeks, asparagus are two of my favourites. Low fat and so tasty. I got this recipe from Daily Diabetic recipes.com.
Top Review by Boomette
This is a wonderful recipe. So healthy and green. It was very easy to do. What is great is that there is no cream in it. We ate it without the parmesan because I forgot to add it. And we liked it a lot even without it. Thanks Lorrie :) Made for healthy tag game
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup potato, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim asparagus; cut stalks into pieces and set tips aside.
- In large non-stick saucepan, heat oil; saute garlic, onion, leeks and asparagus stalks just until softened, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add stock and potato; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree in food processor until smooth.
- Taste and adjustseasoning with salt and pepper.
- Return to saucepan.
- Steam or microwave reserved asparagus tips just until tender; add to soup.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.