1/2 Photos of Asparagus and Leek Soup
Lorrie in Montreal's Note:
I love all these vegetables. leeks, asparagus are two of my favourites. Low fat and so tasty. I got this recipe from Daily Diabetic recipes.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim asparagus; cut stalks into pieces and set tips aside.
- 2In large non-stick saucepan, heat oil; saute garlic, onion, leeks and asparagus stalks just until softened, approximately 10 minutes.
- 3Add stock and potato; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 4Puree in food processor until smooth.
- 5Taste and adjustseasoning with salt and pepper.
- 6Return to saucepan.
- 7Steam or microwave reserved asparagus tips just until tender; add to soup.
- 8Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus and Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.0
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 363.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 10.2 g