I love all these vegetables. leeks, asparagus are two of my favourites. Low fat and so tasty. I got this recipe from Daily Diabetic recipes.com.
- Trim asparagus; cut stalks into pieces and set tips aside.
- In large non-stick saucepan, heat oil; saute garlic, onion, leeks and asparagus stalks just until softened, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add stock and potato; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree in food processor until smooth.
- Taste and adjustseasoning with salt and pepper.
- Return to saucepan.
- Steam or microwave reserved asparagus tips just until tender; add to soup.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.