Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love all these vegetables. leeks, asparagus are two of my favourites. Low fat and so tasty. I got this recipe from Daily Diabetic recipes.com.
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup potato, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Trim asparagus; cut stalks into pieces and set tips aside.
- In large non-stick saucepan, heat oil; saute garlic, onion, leeks and asparagus stalks just until softened, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add stock and potato; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree in food processor until smooth.
- Taste and adjustseasoning with salt and pepper.
- Return to saucepan.
- Steam or microwave reserved asparagus tips just until tender; add to soup.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
This is a wonderful recipe. So healthy and green. It was very easy to do. What is great is that there is no cream in it. We ate it without the parmesan because I forgot to add it. And we liked it a lot even without it. Thanks Lorrie :) Made for healthy tag game
I thought this was a pretty good soup. I don't like it with the cooked tips added though, I'd prefer it all blended up. I also thought the cheese at the end was very important and really helped bring the flavors together. I was trying to avoid using it at the beginning and didn't think it was nearly as good. Thanks for sharing this recipe! :)
Thick and tasty. It pays to wait until blending the vegetables before seasoning. The taste of the asparagus really comes through after blending. I used all of one of the leeks and just the white bit of the other. Not sure if I was supposed to just use the white bits, in which case the soup wouldn't have turned out so green. I like it green. Ate two big bowls of it!