Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy and delicious breakfast/brunch dish great for holidays or for weekend guests.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 lb thinly sliced deli ham, chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Heat oil in 10" nonstick skillet. Saute asparagus, ham, garlic and green onion over medium-high heat until asparagus is crisp tender, about 8 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Pour into skillet with asparagus mixture and stir to distribute egg mixture through skillet. Cook without stirring until edges are just set, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven; bake until center is set, about 30 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
Wonderful breakfast. I cut the recipe in half but there was still half left. I upped the temp to 300 deg. and baked for 20 min. It puffed up beautifully and the flavor is wonderful. I used fontina cheese instead of swiss as it needed to be used.
Easy, great tasting Frittata. I didn't pre cook the asparagus, onion, garlic just layered all the ingredients in my cast iron pan placing the asparagus on last. Baked at 350 for 30 minutes. I used low fat cheese and cut the recipe back to 3 eggs (Half the recipe) It was a lovely light dinner. . Thanks for posting Kathy