- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, brunoise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 12 green beans, trimmed
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 cups packed baby greens
- 3⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- Combine vinegar, shallot, dijon, basil, tarragon and time.
- Slowly whisk in oil to form an emulsion.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Blanch beans and asparagus in boiling salted water until al dente; shock in ice water and pat dry Combine lettuce, beans, asparagus and tomatoes; toss with dressing.
- Arrange in bowl, top with blue cheese, garnish with basil leaves.
I just made the dressing for a spring salad instead of the asparagus... the dressing was wonderful & I'm sure I'll be whisking it together and experimenting with it for quite some time. I think the key to it turning out so well is a high quality balsamic vinegar.
I made this for my parents anniversary, and I had to substitute a few things but they really enjoyed it. The dressing was a little bitter, so I would recommend sweetening it up a little, but other than that a very good recipe.