Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These pies are based on a dish from One Dish Meals, and are quite tasty.
- 500 g prepared shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 250 g asparagus spears, cut into 4 cm pieces
- 60 g chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 185 g feta cheese, mashed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon rind
- fresh ground black pepper
- Roll out pastry to 3mm thick and cut out 4 10cm rounds and 4 15cm rounds.
- Place larger pastry rounds on a lightly greased baking tray and place remaining rounds on a tray lined with food plastic wrap, cover and refrigerate pastry for 15 mins or until ready to make the pies.
- To make the filling, combine the asparagus, sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese, basil, lemon rind and black pepper to taste.
- Divide the filling between the larger pastry rounds leaving a 1cm border around the edge.
- Brush edge with egg and cover with smaller pastry rounds.
- Press edges together to seal, brush tops of pies with egg and cut a few small holes in the tops.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a 190 C oven or until pastry is golden and crisp.