Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
An old recipe of my grandmother's. Salt and pepper the vegetables to taste as you are layering them if desired.
Top Review by Sherrybeth
Made this last night as I was craving it. My Aunt Laverne used to bring this to all family gatherings and I loved it. I layered in a 2 quart casserole dish using one layer of each ingredient. I also added the water chestnuts for some crunch. This is THE recipe I was looking for. It was fabulous and just as I remember hers being like.
- 1 (16 ounce) can English peas, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can asparagus, cuts drained
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese