Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Looking for a special breakfast treat. Look no further. This dish is devine. It's quick and easy and has terrific flavor and textures. It always brings a smile to my face. Hope you will enjoy.
- Pan fry the prosciutto in butter and keep warm.
- Poach the asparagus in water.
- Fry the eggs sunny-side up in 2 tbsp butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the asparagus and divide between two plates, place on bottom of plate.
- Place 1/4 of the prosciutto overtop of the asparagus, top with two eggs, then top with the remaining prosciutto and parmesan cheese.
- Serve with your favorite bread and fruit for a perfect breakfast treat.
Just like the name says, this is a special treat! I just loved this wonderful breakfast today. The only change I made was to make Nif's Perfect Poached Egg instead of fried eggs, due to personal preference. Wonderful!!! Made for Newest Zaar Tag. Thanks Baby Kato! :)
Splendid way to start the day! It is the end of asparagus season here so could only get large stalks but that did not deter from a beautiful and tasty outcome. I fallowed your suggestion and served with some nice fresh whole grain county bread, fresh blueberries, and mimosas and coffee, boy oh boy is that the right way to start the day. Thanks for the great post.
I scaled this back for 1 serve but only had 1 egg which was plenty for me. My prosciutto was thinly sliced and not the usual brand that I get and I found this one to be very salty so only seasoned with pepper, I also cooked my asparagus in the microwave and the prosciutto in the oven and had it on the table in less than 15 minutes including taking some pics and very muched enjoyed all the flavours from the asparagus, egg, prosciutto and parmesan cheese all came together very nicely thank you, Baby Kato, made for 123 Hits.