Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Classic creamed egg and asparagas recipe. You can make it curried if desired.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans asparagus, drained or 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 2 cups crumbled potato chips (or bread crumbs)
- Melt butter; blend in flour and mustard and wisk until smooth.
- Add milk gradually, stirring constantly so it doesn't lump.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Season with salt, pepper, and celery salt.
- Reserve 1/2 cup potato chips.
- Arrange alternate layers of egg, potato chips, and asparagas in 2 qt.
- Pour sauce over all.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup potato chips.
- Bake 20-30 minutes@ 350F or until bubbly.