Classic creamed egg and asparagas recipe. You can make it curried if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans asparagus, drained or 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 2 cups crumbled potato chips (or bread crumbs)
- 1Melt butter; blend in flour and mustard and wisk until smooth.
- 2Add milk gradually, stirring constantly so it doesn't lump.
- 3Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- 4Season with salt, pepper, and celery salt.
- 5Reserve 1/2 cup potato chips.
- 6Arrange alternate layers of egg, potato chips, and asparagas in 2 qt.
- 8Pour sauce over all.
- 9Top with remaining 1/2 cup potato chips.
- 10Bake 20-30 minutes@ 350F or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus and Egg Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.1
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 259.6 mg
- Sodium 605.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: