Recipe by cathianne
The crust is from recipe number 13546 - I cut down the salt and added some spices to the dough. The rest is just my own idea of a tasty pizza.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 lb chicken, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus tips
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 6 ounces shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Prepare toppings first. Cook chicken in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil for about 4 minutes on medium high heat, stirring after 2 minutes. Add curry and cook on low heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- 2) Cook mushrooms, garlic and asparagus in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for about 5 minutes at medium heat (asparagus doesn't smell so good being sauteed like this - don't worry: it tastes good on the pizza).
- 3) Prepare a 10 x 15 inch cookie sheet. Grease with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and use a sifter to spread the corn meal over it.
- 4) Prepare crust. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add spices, salt, sugar and 2 teaspoons of olive oil, followed by flour. Let stand for 5 minutes. Flour hands and knead dough for a few minutes and then spread over prepared cookie sheet (I like to use a rolling pin to make the dough even).
- 5) Spread 1 tablespoon of olive oil over crust followed by the tomato paste. Distribute cheese evenly.
- 6) Distribute mushroom, garlic and asparagus mixture evenly followed by curry chicken pieces.
- 7) Bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees F.