Recipe by charlie #5
Don't know about you, but I'm SO ready for Spring! This salad is really very yummy. I actually like it best heated the second day. Serve as a salad or as an entree over rice. Wild rice would be nice added in I think. Bet it would be outstanding with rotisserie chicken meat or my recipe for Wedding Chicken. Choose long, slender spears. Unsure where I got this recipe and unsure yields. Per one email I received I need to clarify. For me, I always made the chicken broth with bouillon and just doubled the amount of bouillon to water. I assumed that was double-strength chicken broth. Also, the instructions to peel the asparagus are for if you have large woody stalks. If you are lucky enough to get thin tender stalks, don't peel.
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup double-strength chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, peel, and cut asparagus into 1” diagonal pieces.
- Heat oil, add asparagus and stir-fry 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add seasonings and stir another 30 seconds. Pour in broth and soy. Cover and cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Add chicken and mix.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Just prior to serving, add vinegar and toss well.