Recipe by Lorac
A wonderful and easy side dish. You can substitute frozen, defrosted asparagus.
Top Review by *Parsley*
I liked that this used fresh asparagus and not that slimy canned stuff. I did read the previous reviews so I cut my asparagus into about 2" pieces. I also only used 1 cup of crushed crackers, so it wouldn't be so dry. I added some crushed garlic to give it some extra flavor. All in all, it turned out very good. Don't skip those slivered almonds! Thanx!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- hot sauce
- 1⁄2 lb American cheese, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 egg