Recipe by Debbwl
Just came back from the store were I came across this recipe and put it here for safe keeping.
Top Review by Larawithoutau
Very good, didn't roll them into bundles (just didn't have time). Added some garlic powder and they turned out moist and tender (so did the asparagus). I also left them covered the entire cooking time, not realizing half of the time if was to have been uncovered. <br/>Tip: For anyone having difficulty "pounding" out the breasts, first half them horizontally and you'll save yourself a lot of frustration :-)
- 4 chicken breasts, flatten with meat mallet
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- lemon pepper seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Place 3 asparagus spears in the center of each flattened chicken breast and top each with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bring in sides of chicken and tie in 1 or 2 places with kitchen string.
- Season to taste with lemon pepper seasoning and place in a baking dish. Add 1/4 inch of water to dish; cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook for 20 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through.