Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Just came back from the store were I came across this recipe and put it here for safe keeping.
- 4 chicken breasts, flatten with meat mallet
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Place 3 asparagus spears in the center of each flattened chicken breast and top each with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bring in sides of chicken and tie in 1 or 2 places with kitchen string.
- Season to taste with lemon pepper seasoning and place in a baking dish. Add 1/4 inch of water to dish; cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook for 20 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through.
Very good, didn't roll them into bundles (just didn't have time). Added some garlic powder and they turned out moist and tender (so did the asparagus). I also left them covered the entire cooking time, not realizing half of the time if was to have been uncovered. <br/>Tip: For anyone having difficulty "pounding" out the breasts, first half them horizontally and you'll save yourself a lot of frustration :-)
I made a recipe similar to this one a while ago and i used mozzarella instead and didn't wrap it in string, instead i just placed the seam where the ends overlapped on the bottom and put italian bread crumbs on top and a piece of rosemary. Its really simple and tastes amazing!
Yum! This recipe is so easy and so good, I would make this again for sure. I did have to cook the chicken for 10-15 minutes longer as it wasn't cooked through. Make sure you use a good amount of lemon pepper because it's the only seasoning. Made for PRMR tag game. Thanks Debbwl! :)