Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was tucked away in one of my mom's old files! I'm not a big asparagus fan, but others in my family have enjoyed this for decades!
Top Review by Rita~
Well my DH did it to me again! Eating my cooking ingredients before they get into the recipes I plan to make. I had to sub the cashews because someone ate them! I used walnuts! This was good and very easy! I didn`t cook the aspasragus that long, we like it crisp and tender. Thanks!
- 1 lb asparagus, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄4 cup smart balance spread with flax seed oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, salted, broken into halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam asparagus until tender, about 10-12 minutes, then remove to serving dish.
- Meantime, in a small pan, melt butter.
- To melted butter add lemon juice, marjoram & cashews, simmering over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour butter & nut mixture over cooked asparagus & serve.