Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was tucked away in one of my mom's old files! I'm not a big asparagus fan, but others in my family have enjoyed this for decades!
- 1 lb asparagus, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄4 cup smart balance spread with flax seed oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, salted, broken into halves
- Steam asparagus until tender, about 10-12 minutes, then remove to serving dish.
- Meantime, in a small pan, melt butter.
- To melted butter add lemon juice, marjoram & cashews, simmering over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour butter & nut mixture over cooked asparagus & serve.
Well my DH did it to me again! Eating my cooking ingredients before they get into the recipes I plan to make. I had to sub the cashews because someone ate them! I used walnuts! This was good and very easy! I didn`t cook the aspasragus that long, we like it crisp and tender. Thanks!
I was out walking in the hills picking more asparagus and came in and made this wonderful recipe...I omitted the marjoran and replaced it with dill weed (we like dill) It was so good...glad you shared this recipe
Delishimo ! 5 excellent stars! I used fresh baby asparagus tips and the only changes I made to the recipes were: I toasted my cashews gently in a dry non stick fry pan before adding them to the asparagus, and I upped the marjoram to a heaped tablespoon... don't leave that out BTW, the marjoram gives this recipe a very special flavour that enhances the cashews and asparagus very well. I served this as a side dish and it was gobbled up! Please see my rating system: 5 excellent stars for a simple, easy, but very tasty AND visually pleasing recipe that delights both the eye and the taste buds. Thanks!