Recipe by **Jubes**
This is a simple baked risotto with asparagus, baby spinach and mini bocconcini cheese. If you use Gluten Free liquid stock the dish will be gluten free. It makes a large dish and its great served warm with a salad. Left-overs are also great and reheat well. It's also a good dish for buffets or picnics. Kids love it too! It has a lot of ingredients but is very easy to make
- 40 g butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 bunches asparagus, coarsely chopped (can use one bunch)
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 180 g baby bocconcini, drained (or use chopped larger bocconcini pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup tasty cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter and oil in a large pan. Add the sliced leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the leek is tender. Add the rice and continue to stir for one minute.
- Add the liquid stock, the water and cream. Mix to combine.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in asparagus, spinach leaves, parmesan and parsley. Remove from the heat and stir in the eggs.
- Spoon in 1/2 of the rice mixture into a greased 12 cup ovenproof dish. Arrange the bocconcini over the rice. Top with the remaining mixture. Sprinkle over the tasty cheese. I use a lasagne dish to make this recipe.
- Cook uncovered 180 degrees celcius for 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Stand at least 10 minutes before serving. The slice cuts better the longer that it is left.