1/1 Photo of Asparagus Amandine
A wonderful way to cook fresh asparagus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, toast almonds until golden, shaking skillet occasionally.
- 2Remove almonds to a small plate.
- 3Meanwhile, hold the base of one asparagus stalk firmly and bend the stalk.
- 4The end will break where it becomes tough to eat.
- 5Use that stalk as a guide to cut the remaining stalks.
- 6If the asparagus is very thick, you may want to use a vegetable peeler to trim the scales.
- 7In same skillet, melt the butter or margarine over medium heat and add the asparagus.
- 8Cook, uncovered until asparagus in crisp-tender, turning frequently.
- 9Place asparagus on a serving platter and sprinkle with salt and almonds.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Amandine
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.3
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 191.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g