A wonderful way to cook fresh asparagus.
Make and share this Asparagus Amandine recipe from Food.com.
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, toast almonds until golden, shaking skillet occasionally.
- Remove almonds to a small plate.
- Meanwhile, hold the base of one asparagus stalk firmly and bend the stalk.
- The end will break where it becomes tough to eat.
- Use that stalk as a guide to cut the remaining stalks.
- If the asparagus is very thick, you may want to use a vegetable peeler to trim the scales.
- In same skillet, melt the butter or margarine over medium heat and add the asparagus.
- Cook, uncovered until asparagus in crisp-tender, turning frequently.
- Place asparagus on a serving platter and sprinkle with salt and almonds.