Recipe by Okitsme
Excellent side dish recipe from Southern Living
Top Review by mama smurf
This was delicious!!! What's not to love asparagus and almonds. Made this for Fall PAC 2012 and definately will make this again. I followed the recipe only cutting down a little on the butter. Thank you for posting.
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cook asparagus in boiling salted water to cover in a large skillet 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add almonds, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Add asparagus and red bell pepper; cook 3 to 5 minutes. Toss with lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and serve immediately.