Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Excellent side dish recipe from Southern Living
Make and share this Asparagus Amandine recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cook asparagus in boiling salted water to cover in a large skillet 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add almonds, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Add asparagus and red bell pepper; cook 3 to 5 minutes. Toss with lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and serve immediately.
This was delicious!!! What's not to love asparagus and almonds. Made this for Fall PAC 2012 and definately will make this again. I followed the recipe only cutting down a little on the butter. Thank you for posting.