1/2 Photos of Asparagus Almondine
this is very elegant and easy to make. The sauce is light and can be used on a variety of other vegetables as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place almonds in med skillet and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Cook over med-high heat, stirring frequently about 5 minutes till golden. Set aside.
- 2In a small cup, blend cornstarch into 1 tbsp chicken broth, set aside.
- 3Add asparagus and remaining chicken broth to the skillet containing the almonds. Bring to boil, Reduce heat, cover and cook 4 minutes.
- 4Remonve asparagus carefully to serving plate. cover to keep warm. (they will continue cooking). Into the skillet, stir in cornstarch mixture, lemon peel, and pepper. Stir continuously for about 1-2 minutes till sauce is slightly thickened.
- 5Gently pour sauce over asparagus and garnish with additional slivered almonds and fresh lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Almondine
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.6
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 102.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g