1/2 Photos of Asparagus Almondine
this is very elegant and easy to make. The sauce is light and can be used on a variety of other vegetables as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place almonds in med skillet and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Cook over med-high heat, stirring frequently about 5 minutes till golden. Set aside.
- 2In a small cup, blend cornstarch into 1 tbsp chicken broth, set aside.
- 3Add asparagus and remaining chicken broth to the skillet containing the almonds. Bring to boil, Reduce heat, cover and cook 4 minutes.
- 4Remonve asparagus carefully to serving plate. cover to keep warm. (they will continue cooking). Into the skillet, stir in cornstarch mixture, lemon peel, and pepper. Stir continuously for about 1-2 minutes till sauce is slightly thickened.
- 5Gently pour sauce over asparagus and garnish with additional slivered almonds and fresh lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Almondine
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.6
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 102.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g