Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
- 28 medium asparagus spears
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup freshly-grated parmigiano
- Bring 4 quarts water to boil and set up ice bath.
- Trim asparagus of hard ends and drop into water.
- Cook 70 seconds.
- Remove with tongs and refresh in ice bath.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a 10-inch to 12-inch saute pan, heat 4 tablespoons butter until very dark brown.
- Add asparagus and toss until warm.
- Remove asparagus and divide among 4 plates.
- Towel off saute pan and add remaining butter.
- Cook until foam subsides.
- Crack eggs in and cook sunny-side up, about 2 minutes.
- Place one egg over each plate, sprinkle with cheese and serve.