Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This dish results in crispy, lemon accented stalks of great tasting asparagas. A microwave oven is essential for the quick steaming of the stalks. Superb with salmon! Recipe By: Elizabeth Elmore Stebbins modified by Fatgourmand
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, thin preferably
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Trim the ttough ends from the asparagas, rinse and dry.
- In a microwave dish such as a quiche or pie plate, place the asparagas and salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the lemon juice and wine over the stalks and dot with butter.
- Cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap and make several small holes in the wrap with a sharp knife.
- Microwave on high for 1½ minutes. If stalks are thick size, increase time to 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain and serve warm.