Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I'm not usually a fan of asparagus, but even I absolutely love this recipe.
- 3⁄4 small onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 large mint leaf, minced
- 1 lb thin asparagus
- Place onion& salt in a bowl large enough to hold the asparagus.
- Mix well& let steep for 30 minutes.
- Add the capers, lemon juice& mint leaf& marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Mix thoroughly from time to time.
- Meanwhile, bring an asparagus cooker to a boil& cook the asparagus until tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Toss the still warm asparagus with the marinade& add salt& pepper.
- Toss gently& serve.
- This can be refrigerated before serving, but I recommend eating it right after cooking.
- If not, reheat to at least room temperature.