1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
The cowherd brought this recipe back from his vacation in Mongolia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake or 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 lbs asparagus or 1 1/2 lbs green beans, 2 inches long
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 slice fresh ginger, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Thinly slice the steak and cut into 2-inch wide strips.
- 2Marinate the steak in a mixture of the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice wine, cornstarch, and sugar for about 1 hour.
- 3Blanch the asparagus or green beans until they are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil and stir fry the asparagus or green beans for 2 minutes.
- 5Remove them from the pan and add 2 tablespoons more oil.
- 6Add the garlic, ginger, and pepper seeds and stir fry for a minute or so.
- 7Add the meat and cook for 3 minutes or until it is cooked on the outside and pink inside, or cooked to desired doneness.
Nutritional Facts for Asparabeef
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.9
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 782.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 29.5 g