1/2 Photos of Asordo - Portuguese Bread Soup
The Portuguese love bread soup. It was a peasant dish in the old country, and when they came to this country, it continued to be a favourite way of using up stale bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak bread in water until soft. Squeeze out the water and set the bread aside.
- 2In a soup pot, toast the garlic in the olive oil, just until it begins to barely brown.
- 3Add the chicken stock to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- 4Add the bread to the pot and simmer, making a thick soup.
- 5Add the shrimp, salt, and Piri Piri.
- 6Cook for a moment.
- 7Place the soup in a tureen and garnish with the parsley.
- 8Break the eggs on top of the soup.
- 9Bring to the table and stir the eggs into the soup before serving.
Browse Our Top Portuguese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Portuguese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asordo - Portuguese Bread Soup
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.2
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 159.9 mg
- Sodium 1632.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 38.3 g