Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Portuguese love bread soup. It was a peasant dish in the old country, and when they came to this country, it continued to be a favourite way of using up stale bread.
- Soak bread in water until soft. Squeeze out the water and set the bread aside.
- In a soup pot, toast the garlic in the olive oil, just until it begins to barely brown.
- Add the chicken stock to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add the bread to the pot and simmer, making a thick soup.
- Add the shrimp, salt, and Piri Piri.
- Cook for a moment.
- Place the soup in a tureen and garnish with the parsley.
- Break the eggs on top of the soup.
- Bring to the table and stir the eggs into the soup before serving.
It`s spelled Açorda :)
Made this for hubby and I but I guess it just wasn't the right dish for us. Made for Saucy Senoritas Zingo ZWT5.
Excellent! Thank you luvcook'n!