1 hr 20 mins
Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is supposedly a personal recipe of Andrew Zimmern, host of the TV show Bizarre Foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml fresh oregano
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme
- 29.58 ml fresh thyme leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 2 slice thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces (applewood smoked preferred)
- 73.94 ml olive oil
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml fresh tomato, chopped
- 118.29 ml grated coconut, toasted
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 473.18 ml long-grain white rice
- 946.36 ml chicken stock
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 236.59 ml fresh green peas or 236.59 ml frozen green pea
- 453.59 g ocean-caught shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1Mix the chicken, thyme, oregano and garlic. Set aside. In a large non-reactive heavy skillet on medium heat, heat the oil and saute the chicken to brown on all sides. Reserve.
- 2Add the bacon and saute until browned. Add the onions, peppers, hot pepper and stir for a few minutes to cook through. Add the tomatoes.
- 3Add the rice and coconut, and stir to coat with vegetables. Add the wine and cook for a few minutes to cook away half the liquid.
- 4Add the chicken stock and freshly ground pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- 5Remove the cover and stir in the shrimp, peas and lime juice. Cover and cook for 8 minutes more. Season to taste with sea salt, and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asopao De Pollo Y Mariscos
Serving Size: 1 (900 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1177.1
- Calories from Fat 470
- Total Fat 52.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 271.2 mg
- Sodium 1147.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 57.7 g