Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This soup inclues rice, green pigeon peas, and shrimps. It is the perfect food for a cold day. Add some avocado slices and some warm bread... yum yum!
- 6 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) cangreen pigeon peas (gandules)
- 3 tablespoons sofrito sauce
- 1 cup long grain rice
- sazon goya con culantro y achiote (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- adobo seasoning (to taste)
- 10 -15 large shrimp
- In a large 8QT pot, add all ingredients. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes. Bring heat to medium, continue cooking until is not to watery and not too dry.
That was very tasty, that took me to Puerto Rico all over again. Thank you.